Health Promotion Forum of New Zealand Runanga Whakapiki Ake i te Hauora o Aotearoa
Tools, papers and resources
We've been doing a spot of housework.
All publications, tools, resources and papers can be found in this section.
Our bouncing menu: annoying isn't it? We know and we are sorry; we are working on a solution. Meanwhile ... Top Tip: If you move your cursor slowly over the menu, it is easier to grab the item you want to see. Or access all the sections via the descriptors below.
You will also find key documents like the current health promotion competencies, TUHA-NZ and reviews of health promotion practice.
Finally take a look at the latest occasional paper; commissioned by us from a range of professionals with an interest in health promotion. They may be think pieces about health promotion infrastructure, workforce development and ways forward for health promotion.
Click here for the full list of our publications.
Health promotion competencies
With so much being developed in this area, we now have a separate section for health promotion competencies. This includes:
- the latest (2012) competencies
- the original 2000 version of the competencies
- a self-assessment template and guideline developed with the Cancer Society
- Health Promotion Competencies personal development review template from the Bay of Plenty DHG - Word (can be edited) or PDF
- a personal development review template developed by the Bay of Plenty DHB
- findings from a survey to identify the usefulness of the competencies
- generic public health competencies.
Aotearoa - New Zealand
Information relevant to the Aotearoa - New Zealand context can be found in this section, including:
- Check lists, guides and competencies to ensure best practice in your health promotion work.
- Resources and information focusing on the determinants of health
- Advocacy resources
- Tools and strategies to aid collaboration and partnership
- Evidence to support health promotion
Statements, papers, reports and reviews from the global context can be found here:
Non-communicable diseases (NCDs)
Global conferences and statements
Global papers, commentary and articles
Read about the Professional Society for Health Promoters in Aotearoa - New Zealand; the first such professional society in the world.
Health promoting settings
Want to create a health promoting setting in you workplace, school or institution? Access research, evidence and toolkits to support health promoting settings initiatives.
Facebook PagesHealth Promotion Forum